Tuesday 3 April 2012

Twitter and Easter wishes

Been a busy day today with the phone red hot with quite a few leads coming to the fore. I hope that this is the start of the flood of opportunities coming my way and I start to see the fruits of my labour. Fingers crossed folks for this start of Easter week. 

My blog of yesterday when I was talking about LinkedIn and its part in job search. There is no doubt in my end that it's a tool that job seekers cannot omit. Just make sure that you get your footprint as farflung as possible. 

I had some interesting feedback from it. A couple of my connections have recently been successfully appointed as a result of LinkedIn - indeed, one of them was from The Webb Group acting on a link to an advert that I had given him. So folks, it works. Yippee.

A recruiter also recounted to me the story of how he sourced an appointment via one of his connections whose wife had recently been made redundant. He was able to place her. Fantastic news again. 

I forgave him for placing her because it wasn't a role that I would have wanted anyway!!! (G - sorry couldn't not mention it and rib you a wee bit.)

Then it got me thinking about Twitter. I have never used it but as you will all know with LinkedIn updates you also see from time to time Twitter updates. So the question I have is whether Twitter is a contender for recruitment opportunities. One of my connections tells me that once you get past the inane bits that are vacancies advertised by recruiters.

Can anybody tell me if these are just repeats of vacancies or are they exclusives? I need to know before I get into this aspect of social media. In job search terms, every avenue must be explored. PLEASE FEEDBACK YOUR EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE.

I'm taking a few days away from Blog writing so want to wish you all Happy Easter and for all job seekers everywhere good luck with the job hunting. I hope you'll miss me - where we're going has snow on the ground and will be there for a while yet and is very very cold. (PS Not Scotland.)

If you want photos of where I've gone/been, then comment here.

(C) Iain Williamson 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great if you left a comment. It can only help, but please be mindful that only positive comments are likely to be retained. But don't let that put you off.

Regards

IAIN