Tuesday 15 May 2012

Coconut Days Job Search


Have you ever thought that opening a coconut is like looking for a job? Bear with me I've not gone mad.

My wife said to me this morning, "Iain, how do I open this hairy monster? What's inside?"

I then had to find a hammer and open it wide for her to see its contents - by the way, for the uninitiated it tastes nothing like the chocolate bar Bounty.
And for me it resonated with my job search and how it is going. I have to keep going, making contacts, applying for roles, attending interviews, etc and at some point it will all come together and Yippee the "coconut" will open and there will be my job.

The coconut describes very well a job search. It's hard on the outside but inside it is full of delight. But then you can take the description even further, in the respect that within the coconut are different strands of the job, some will be of interest and some not so enticing, but nevertheless overall cracking the coconut you meet and achieve your goal.

I hope that very soon I can announce that I have achieved my goal. Fingers crossed.

Its been a while since my last blog because I've been busy trying to get ABespokeCV up and running. A hard task my followers but I will stick with it. If you know anybody who needs support on CV writing, job search support or even managing interviews then point them in our direction at http://www.abespokecv.co.uk/ The more the merrier and we promise excellent customer service.

As always though I'd be happy for you to share my Blog with your connections far and wide and share my LinkedIN profile with many people as well.

I hope you like the Coconut blog and I promise more delights to come.

(c) Iain Williamson 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great if you left a comment. It can only help, but please be mindful that only positive comments are likely to be retained. But don't let that put you off.

Regards

IAIN