Thursday 3 May 2012

Now I'm a "Twit" or "Twittee"!!!

It's been a few days since my last publication and it seems that quite a few of you are suffering anxiety attacks at not reading my instalments so much so that emails have been flying into my inbox asking for me to come back.

I've not been away. It's just that I've been busy developing a website further for a business that I'm going to launch after the bank holiday and I've also had a couple of interviews for jobs - telephone and face to face - so, entirely reasonably, I've been concentrating on preparing for them. Unfortunately neither was successful although I had some very positive feedback from one of them which indicated that it was a close thing. 

Sometimes feedback like that can feel hollow and just "matter of fact" but I honestly believe that the person giving that feedback was being honest and truthful. Therefore, although I was obviously disappointed it was still a fillip for me to get the positive responses in regard to my performance and presentation of myself at interview.

At this moment, the detail of my business launch is embargoed until next week - so you'll have to wait a wee bit longer. Just wait and you will see.

I've just launched myself on Twitter as well - https://twitter.com/#!/IainWilliamson2  Try it now and please follow me.I've put a link to me at the top right hand side of the blog. I'd also like suggestions or recommendations as to which recruitment job sites and job boards I should follow. 

It's not that I particularly think that I'll be tweeting a lot but I just want to make sure that I will be getting as many vacancies as possible into my inbox. Remember that at the end of the day all of this job seeking exercise is a numbers game.

We are seeing a massive increase in the use of social media in recruitment so it would be remiss of me not to give myself as big an opportunity as possible to find my next employment role. Nobody can argue with that!!!

As always please share this blog with others and share my LinkedIn profile with your connections.
Remember you or your company can engage a highly competent Senior HR professional - strategic and operational and commercially focussed - and experienced in both the private and public sectors.

I would also like to thank my wife, Roksolana for her continuing support to me in my job search. She is great.






No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great if you left a comment. It can only help, but please be mindful that only positive comments are likely to be retained. But don't let that put you off.

Regards

IAIN