Wednesday 21 March 2012

Reality Time

It was that day today when reality hits home and you remember vividly what work was like. Not only does it remind you about the things you were dealing with at work. Not only does it remind you about the people you worked with and you think about how they are getting on. Not only does it remind you about the fact that you used to get a wage.

What on earth is he rambling on about? Has he gone mad finally? 

No, of course not. But today was my first time for signing on at the Job Centre. A remarkable building that says it's a Job Centre but it doesn't actually have a job for you. Admittedly the Direct.Gov website might have one!!!

I had to fill out my form telling them what actions I had been taking to find work in my profession. And guess what - only a cursory look at it and sign here Mr Williamson and you will get your money into your account probably Monday!!!


It was just another reminder for me that no matter how much work I am doing to find a job, I need to do more. More job board reviews, more calls to recruiters, more reviews of businesses through Linked In and more discussions with people that can help and support me in this search.


The weeks go by so quickly and all of a sudden we're nearly at the end of another week and nothing has come through yet. Not for the lack of trying but I just have to do more. I told you before, this job searching lark is a full time job and more.

(c) Iain Williamson 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great if you left a comment. It can only help, but please be mindful that only positive comments are likely to be retained. But don't let that put you off.

Regards

IAIN