Thursday 29 March 2012

Thank You Supporters


It is coming up for a month now since my last interim role finished when the business was placed into administration. Certainly the job market is not as buoyant as I would wish but, as always, I remain positive. The role for me will come soon. There are a few things on the go but I'd certainly prefer more.


I wanted to take this time to thank all of my connections and supporters for their help so far. I'm very happy with the advice and support so far. Unfortunately we've not yet hit the home run yet but it is only a matter of time - I remain convinced of that.

Talking to my connections on LinkedIn, it seems a common theme that the Easter break has slowed down the market and, of course, this is the end of the financial year so businesses have spent the last of their money for this year. The second excuse feels a bit hollow in the respect that surely there are ways of allocating the money to the new financial year. In any case the new employee will probably not start this side of the April deadline.

I referred to these roadblocks in a previous blog and understand that they are not something that I can change. So I just have to get on with it.


It is clear to me that my connections, on the whole, have a real interest in helping me. I have been astounded, in a very positive way, that fellow HR professionals who might be in competition with me for roles are also willing to help. I have had lots of leads passed my way. Those of you who have done this for me deserve an even bigger pat on the back.


But I still need your support and would ask that you spread the word even more and circulate my profile and keep me in mind when or if something that might be of interest comes up.

And although I am making this plea on my behalf, we all should think of and support our fellow colleagues who are currently job searching. It's a good feeling to help others and it's even better to get a thank you from them when it is a fruitful outcome to the interaction.

For all of you, I have set my connections on LinkedIn for you to view - if you wish to contact any of them then please feel free to use me as your conduit. I ask only one thing in return - mention me in any conversation or discussions.

(C) Iain Williamson 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

It would be great if you left a comment. It can only help, but please be mindful that only positive comments are likely to be retained. But don't let that put you off.

Regards

IAIN